Re: "hg clone https://anonhg.netbsd.org/src/" still aborts, but...

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 at 16:27, Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen%sdaoden.eu@localhost> wrote:

> Chavdar Ivanov wrote in
> <CAG0OUxjWkyA4MrKYLok-EGJVLS_8=6Lb0RD4PEd9LU-KYdRv1A%mail.gmail.com@localhost>:
>  |I've been watching the discussion with interest, as I am not
>  |particularly verse in these topics; perhaps I've done something not
>  |correctly, but on my 6 years old laptop (4c8t, 20GB memory, core-i7
>  |3820-qm) the full ' hg clone https://anonhg.netbsd.org/src/' (on a ZFS
>  |placed on an mSATA device) took some 45-50 minutes; the resulting repo
>  |takes about 5GB. I am cloning xsrc right now and will go through a
>
> More of that stuff please.  This is for you who make their money
> with managing/creating internet infrastructure!
> And for all the bored black, white, yellow and red teenagers,
> their first world internet connection, consuming also while in
> their Upper East Side apartment.

I beg your pardon, but I could not quite comprehend this remark.  My
Internet connection is reasonably fast - cable 350mb/s - but the
laptop is beyond a powerline adapter, so that limits the speed to
about 130mb/s; there is no WiFi involved though.

Anyway, xrsc was also cloned, in three hours and two minutes the build
from scratch was completed.

I'll retest on my cvs repo on the same machine - but on a SATA SSD - a
clean build, just to compare the speed difference between zfs and ufs.

>  |full build.
>
> --steffen
> |
> |Der Kragenbaer,                The moon bear,
> |der holt sich munter           he cheerfully and one by one
> |einen nach dem anderen runter  wa.ks himself off
> |(By Robert Gernhardt)

Chavdar

--
----