Re: "hg clone https://anonhg.netbsd.org/src/" still aborts, but...

At Thu, 11 Jun 2020 20:41:58 -0700, bch <brad.harder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: "hg clone https://anonhg.netbsd.org/src/"; still aborts, but...

> Nb: you’ll want to have an .hg/hgrc w a line:
> default = https://anonhg.netbsd.org/src
>
> ...so that in the future you can just “hg pull” from w/i that repo.

Thanks for the tip -- I figured something would have to be set like that.

Looks like it's not quite right though:

	$ cat .hg/hgrc
	default = https://anonhg.netbsd.org/src

	$ hg incoming
	abort: repository default not found!

The manual section for "hg clone" does say:

       The location of the source is added to the new repository's .hg/hgrc
       file, as the default to be used for future pulls.

However hgrc(5) suggests the syntax might have to be a bit different,
more like a .git/config.

Ah ha!  It looks like this has to be in the "[paths]" section, and MUST
NOT be proceeded by a tab or other whitespace (which .git/config allows):

	$ cat .hg/hgrc
	[paths]
	default = https://anonhg.netbsd.org/src

	$ hg incoming | head
	comparing with https://anonhg.netbsd.org/src
	searching for changes
	changeset:   931876:26c8f37631b6
	branch:      trunk
	user:        maxv <maxv%NetBSD.org@localhost>
	date:        Sat May 02 11:12:49 2020 +0000
	summary:     Remove unused.

	changeset:   931877:42596ac89b6e
	branch:      trunk

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>