Re: src and xsrc merge proposal

On 17.02.2020 12:28, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 12:20:14PM +0100, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> There is a point in this but I consider that switch shock to DVCS would
>> be too large. I propose to do it now / before and we can work on DVCS
>> translation independently, also without delaying it for people who would
>> make use of it now.
>
> "make use of it now" places significant additional work on releng, which
> then needs to be redone completely for the repo move. If we do it now
> but only for HEAD the effort even gets higher.
>
> Martin

Every non-trivial change is a significant work.

Actually there is another reason to not import all of xsrc, Xorg and its
components are largely obsolete (like xedit - 1 source code change since
2015) and are heading for formal discontinuation.

How about moving into src only what is worth it for wayland and possibly
users (framebuffer?), so at least Mesa?

At some point of time xsrc will be just discontinued and archived.