Re: BitKeeper open-sourced

On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 05:55:53PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> You looked at git and said no: why?
> You looked at hg and said no: why?

Neither of those. We looked at both and had trouble getting our (huge)
repositories converted over losless, but that is now a solved
problem.

Both hg and git have been the only viable candidates untill the BK news
hit. All three will require workflow changes, and we are trying to
understand the impact fully before moving on in any direction.

We have moved a sub project (pkgsrc wip) to git, and that works pretty well
(at least from the feedback I saw, though git is a bit strange to anyone
who did not grow up with it - I still have to follow the cheat sheet
every time I do something there, and often get suprising error messages
and have to ask for help on chat).

Martin