Re: Issues with the git server

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Christopher M. Fuhrman
<cfuhrman%panix.com@localhost> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I used to encounter similar issues until I changed the way I pulled in
> updates.  Usually if I want to update my local cloned copy, I do the
> following from the root of my cloned tree:
>
>  # Fetch *all* updates from upstream
>  (trunk) $ git fetch --all
>
>  # Pull in changes from origin/trunk or whatever tracking branch you have
>  (trunk) $ git pull

But... according to the documentation:

git pull = git fetch + git merge

The --all flag tells git fetch to download from all remotes, which if
you have just done a fresh clone, is only one.  So... I don't know how
this is helping.

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv