CVS conversion to Mercurial

Hi all,
I fired up "hg convert" over the weekend to see how much trouble the character sets were actually going to cause us. The answer seems to be "not much". I had thought it was Mercurial that complained about character sets, but maybe it was Subversion. I really am going to have to write proper notes about this rather than poking and prodding at repositories whenever I'm bored.

I only encountered three problems during the conversion. 1) There is a bug in Mercurial that fails to parse one log message in src. 2) There are about half a dozen files in src/sys that have that tag "magnum" with a revision number of "1", which is not a valid revision number. 3) I don't have enough RAM to complete a conversion of src :-(. My PowerMac G5 with 5.5GB of RAM loaded all 1.5 million CVS changes into RAM, but it doesn't have enough RAM to convert them into changesets. I might just have to buy another 4GB of RAM next pay day.

I know people are worried about bigger problems than these, but I only know about the small problems, and if I can help prevent people from tripping over them, then that's good.

Cheers,
Lloyd