Re: is the proof in the pudding?

David Holland <dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 08:00:41AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>  > > > Trying to import the tree into some random VCS is cheap,
>  > >
>  > > Have you tried at all? It's not.
>  >
>  > Of course it is. [...]
>  >
>  > If someone can't manage to do the import, then that will disqualify
>  > their favorite system on its own without any need for "decision
>  > criteria".
>
> Have you been listening? Nobody has (to the best of my knowledge) been
> able to import the repository into *anything*.

Then you won't have to worry that someone will supplant CVS, do you?

> Therefore, all systems are disqualified and we can pack up and go
> home.

We haven't done an actual trial yet.

Clearly an import can be made to work -- FreeBSD imported into SVN,
right? -- so it is partially a question of effort, not of technology.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost