Re: is the proof in the pudding?

On Jul,Monday 28 2008, at 4:25 PM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

That would clearly be part of the whole effort. Partisans for any
given system would have to demonstrate that they could succeed in
converting the tree or there would be no way we could adopt their
tool. That's part of the whole reason for "lets not discuss this in
the abstract, lets try things out" -- we will have an easier time
deciding if we find certain tools simply can't be used at all!

I think that before we try to import our tree to new VCS. We should
make a basic candidate list, because we don't need to spend time and effort with converting out tree to e.g. monotone when we clearly know that we will never import such tool into our base system. For start it would be good if
every VCS partisan here try to fill form like this[1] and we can then
decide which tools can be useable.

[1]http://opensolaris.org/os/community/tools/scm/evalform/;jsessionid=238E497C31BEE466872572ED0391BA7F

Regards

Adam.