Re: is the proof in the pudding?

> I think that before we try to import our tree to new VCS. We should
> make a basic candidate list, because we don't need to spend time and
> effort
> with converting out tree to e.g. monotone when we clearly know that we
> will
> never import such tool into our base system.

BTW, we don't have to import it to the base system.
The preferred method for end user 'consumption' should be
a CVS mirror or rsync (faster). Developers could just install it from pkgsrc.
(Like we do with meta/pkg_developer and meta/netbsd-www)

So admins or users who only want to track current or compile a custom system
don't have to learn/use/install "yet an other" SCM.

--
Adam