Re: Removing built-in support for sqlite3

On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 02:00:17AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2024 at 08:27:26AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>  > NetBSD comes with sqlite3 in the base system. It mostly imported for
>  > supporting a heimdal feature (since disabled) and for apropos(1).
>  >
>  > The version is not kept up-to-date (NetBSD 10 comes with 3.26, pkgsrc
>  > has 3.45). Some software in pkgsrc requires features that are not
>  > enabled in the base system version.
>  >
>  > I'd like to remove builtin support for sqlite3 from pkgsrc (basically,
>  > cvs rm databases/sqlite3/builtin.mk).
>
> Is there any reason to do that vs. just setting BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS
> so the version in question isn't used?

There is currently no way to require a sqlite3 version that has a
particular feature enabled.

NetBSD-current has 3.45 but has other options enabled than pkgsrc
sqlite 3.45. So there is no version we can require that will have
JSON1 enabled by default (currently enabled in NetBSD but not in
pkgsrc) or some arbitrary option we enable tomorrow in pkgsrc.

> Provided we actually manage to concoct a fix for PR 57517, doing it
> that way will automatically switch to pkgsrc heimdal when needed,
> whereas if you remove it entirely that heimdal becomes a problem.

I think heimdal was already discussed in this thread.
 Thomas