Re: Removing built-in support for sqlite3

On Sat, Jul 20, 2024 at 08:27:26AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
 > NetBSD comes with sqlite3 in the base system. It mostly imported for
 > supporting a heimdal feature (since disabled) and for apropos(1).
 >
 > The version is not kept up-to-date (NetBSD 10 comes with 3.26, pkgsrc
 > has 3.45). Some software in pkgsrc requires features that are not
 > enabled in the base system version.
 >
 > I'd like to remove builtin support for sqlite3 from pkgsrc (basically,
 > cvs rm databases/sqlite3/builtin.mk).

Is there any reason to do that vs. just setting BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS
so the version in question isn't used?

Provided we actually manage to concoct a fix for PR 57517, doing it
that way will automatically switch to pkgsrc heimdal when needed,
whereas if you remove it entirely that heimdal becomes a problem.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost