Re: firefox-esr on NetBSD 10 i386

nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> The rationale is that ryoon puts a _lot_ of effort into making
> sure firefox continues to build on i386.  It refusing to compile
> on NetBSD 10/i386 but working on NetBSD 9/i386 is an obvious
> regression, but apparently we're giving up and those are
> acceptable now anyway?

I understand that.  However, it has not built for three quarters.  I
looked on the ftp server and I can't find any firefox-esr for 2023Q4 to
2024Q2 for n10/i386.   So "we" have in fact given up.

If you're saying "hold on a minute; I'll go look at it and rally others
and we'll get it fixed in a week", that's one thing.  But it has been
failing for a really long time, and the bulk-test package's point is to
be a sentinel to detect failures that are relevant.