Re: "up to date at all costs" is a failed approach

> On Jul 15, 2024, at 4:07 AM, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%mnx.io@localhost> wrote:
>
> * On 2024-07-14 at 23:51 BST, nia wrote:
>
>> any plans?
>
> For many years I've wanted a slower-paced pkgsrc branch where only tested changes get merged, and any regressions on any platform are considered fatal.
>
> If enough people were interested in this then I'd be happy to help co-ordinate and set up supporting infrastructure.  In the past there just wasn't any interest.

I would like to see pkgsrc build its packages more reliably, so color me interested, but I do have a few questions:

How would this be different from the quarterly stable branches?

What would the consequences of it being "considered fatal" be? Does that mean the package would be immediately pulled from the tree?