Re: grafana hits pkgsrc limits again

On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 01:05:52PM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
 > One possible option is that we disable compat mode by default, i.e. remove
 > this section of code:
 >
 >    :
 >
 > I'll test this in some bulk builds and other ad-hoc testing, but would
 > welcome input on why this might be a bad idea in the meantime.

I think it's a bad idea in general(*) but having a way to set it in
the makefile should be sufficient (since things only start being
different once you start running jobs...)

(*) In general there are a lot of legacy makefiles out there, and we
both run a lot of them with bmake in pkgsrc and also have people
running them by hand.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost