Re: Yacc Shaving, or, Latest macOS CLT Laccs Something

At 8 Mar 2024 21:55:21 -0500, "Amitai Schleier" <schmonz%schmonz.com@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: Yacc Shaving, or, Latest macOS CLT Laccs Something

> So this is good triangulating information:
> you've got what looks to be a full Xcode
> install, where the things in question
> currently ain't broke, whereas I've got no
> Xcode, only the standalone Command Line
> Tools:

Ah ha!  Indeed!  Interesting....

So do the CommandLineTools include a full compiler toolchain?  It would
appear from the contents of your CommandLineTools/usr/bin that it does.
I had always assumed they did not include the actual compiler and that's
why Xcode was required.  I've always installed full Xcode.

I have exactly just one file in the whole CommandLineTools tree, and it
may be a remnant incorrectly left behind during an upgrade:

$ ls -l /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/share/man/
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  16850 May 13  2022 whatis

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>