Re: Changing to a more recent-ish PHP_VERSION_DEFAULT ?

Le 13/11/2023 à 01:35, Greg Troxel a écrit :
Jean-Yves Migeon <jym%helkyn.org@localhost> writes:
[snip]
More recently, there have been meta-pkgs/bulk-test-foo packages, for
boost, rust, go, llvm, intended to be used for "locally update
something, and then build that meta-package".  That is hugely better
than nothing in that it tests building, but 1) it doesn't test that
things work correctly and 2) it doesn't test that they are ok on some
other platform.  But, I'd say that we are converging on something like
this being appropriate.

So sure, flip your tree, and build everything that uses php that you
think anybody cares about.  As I have said before, if we are going to
change before the branch, sooner is better than later.

It would be great to commit a meta-pkgs/bulk-test-php, but that's less
important than actuallly building things.

There is now one under meta-pkgs/bulk-test-php .

It is by no means perfect but it's a start. I added the packages that were mentioned in the current thread, some I know about, and extensions I have heard and used/use.

Feel free to adapt/modify

--
jym@