Re: Changing to a more recent-ish PHP_VERSION_DEFAULT ?

Le 09/11/2023 à 13:56, Greg Troxel a écrit :
[snip]
I'm running nextcloud with 8.0, and that's fine.  I expect that the only
issues are programs that aren't really maintained, and we will just fix
PHP_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED to exclude 81, if that's how it is.

Are there questions about whether so much will break that we might want
to stay at 7.4?

That was my original question. I pointed out that davical/caldav/php-fpm/roundcube all seem to run just fine for me on 8.2, but these are far from being representative of all what can be run through php packages.

 If it's more or less concluded already that 8.1 is the
answer (it seems like yes, and that seems like a reasonable conclusion),
I'd rather just flip today and start the find/fix process.

I am unfamiliar with non-leaf lang packages -- do we make the switch and ping all listed maintainers of php-* packages to test -current?

Has anyone done a bulk build?

FWIW I did not

--
jym@