Re: tree-sitter grammars

Thomas Klausner transcribed 1.1K bytes:
On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 02:56:15PM +0100, Nikita Ronja Gillmann wrote:
Hi,

Thomas Klausner transcribed 0.3K bytes:
> Hi!
>
> I've created textproc/tree-sitter/grammar.mk and created a package for
> a python grammar for it (textproc/tree-sitter-python).
>
> With pin's help I've tested this with wip/diffsitter and it worked.
>
> Please make sure other packages that support tree-sitter work with
> this grammar as well. And let's make more grammar packages!
> Thomas

Are you sure this will work with helix? It's the only editor which bundles
these* and aliases at least one tree-sitter grammar via copying it iirc.
Maybe the alias could be addressed upstream. And helix points to git commits
of those grammars as well..

No, I don't know if it will work with helix, that's why I asked for
others to work on the editors they're interested in.

I think what I was wondering is if we could find out if there's a
consensus on what git commits are considered a version if the grammar
doesn't use versions or version commits are very old.
There are at least 2 system package managers who might have packaged
helix and probably tree-sitter grammars to look into.

But the infrastructure is there in tree-sitter itself, I think -
diff-sitter also includes the grammars in its repository directly, but
still supports loading the shared libraries; emacs has support for
downloading & compiling them but uses the shared libraries.
Thomas