Re: Unannounced commits

I find it very easy to email MAINTAINER, which I tend to do for
non-micro updates, absent a co-maintaining type relationship.  I usually
do this before working on the update, to avoid duplicated work, and I
usually hear back very fast.

We do have a norm that one committing an update one should have an
expectation that the package will build and work on platforms where it
did before, except maybe unmaintained platforms or ancient LTS.  And
that other packages will build with it, except packages that are not
maintained upstream.  And further that the updater can and will fix
fallout before the next freeze start.  That's regardless of whether one
is MAINTAINER, but I see that as being stronger if not, for a non-micro
update.