Re: OK to import wip/scalapack?

Am 28. Juli 2022 23:49:04 MESZ schrieb Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost>:
>On 7/27/22 04:53, Dr. Thomas Orgis wrote:

>-- Found MPI_C: /usr/lib/libm.so (found version "3.1")
>-- Checking for module 'mpi-fort'
>--   Package 'mpi-fort', required by 'virtual:world', not found
>-- Could NOT find MPI_Fortran (missing:

We've been discussing this off-list already. Issues:

- CMake ships a FindMPI.cmake that does rubbish with mpi-ch vs. openmpi (libm.so is _not_ libmpi.so).
- Fortran MPI is a requirement and the f90 option in openmpi is not default.
- MPI libraries in pkgsrc are ancient, outdated. We need someone who actually uses them, ideally, to update and test.

I provide MPI with the compiler toolchain on my HPC systems. So  the neglected state of  MPI packages went past me.

The config that should work is

- MPI_TYPE=openmpi
- PKG_OPTIONS.openmpi=f90

There's fixup needed ... uncovered by my attempt with scalapack.

Alrighty then,

Thomas