Re: Qt6

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 11:51:41PM +0200, Niclas Rosenvik wrote:
> I have update Qt6 to version 6.3.1 but there is still a problem on
> NetBSD. When runnning Qt6 programs that use threads the message below
> comes up when shutting the program down.
>
> assertion "pthread__tsd_destructors[key] != NULL" failed: file
> "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_tsd.c", line 177, function
> "pthread__add_specific" Abort (core dumped)
>
> To get this message run assistant from qt6-qttools package and close it.
>
> Does anybody know how to fix this? Or is it an error in the thread
> implementation of NetBSD?

I asked this before for the same error (in different software), and
christos explained:

--- begin quote ---
It is calling pthread_setspecific() for a key where pthread_key_create()
has not been called:

     Undefined behavior may follow if either function is called with a key
     value not obtained from pthread_key_create(3), or if the call is made
     after key has been deleted with pthread_key_delete(3).
--- end quote ---

I think this might due to cleanup functions called in incorrect order
(e.g. shared library unloading).
 Thomas