Re: security/ca-certificates

On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 06:35:25PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> We generally take the view that if there are N ways to do things in the
> world we allow packaging of all of them.   This package isn't something
> I want, but prohibiting it because somebody might use it when we think
> they shouldn't is beyond our normal practice.

This seems to be a (temporary) attempt to paper over a NetBSD base
system issue that would better be solved there (as Kimmo mentioned).

We should have the real discussion on some base system specific list, and
maybe just leave the pkg alone untill consensus has been reached (besides
improving DESCR)?

Would be really cool to fix it in base before NetBSD 10.0.

Martin