Re: Manpage in markdown

On Sun, 22 May 2022, pin wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience dealing with markdown manpages?
What to do when upstream provides a manpage in markdown requiring
`pandoc` to convert it into the proper format?

FWIW Pandoc isn't strictly necessary, there is also this Ruby gem "ronn"
which allows man pages to be written with a Markdown-like syntax. This
is what usually pops in my head first when I think of Markdown-ish
"manpages."

http://rtomayko.github.io/ronn/ronn.1.html

That being said... it must be quite annoying to see someone upstream try
to install a Markdown documents and pretending they're real manpages.

Charlotte