Re: SMTP AUTH not working with recent sendmail

Hi,

I moaned about this here:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2022/04/21/msg028435.html

It's interesting that in all of my adventures, neither DuckDuckGo nor Google ever showed me your messages, in spite of how clear your subject is.

I found that downgrading to cyrus-sasl 2.1.27 from 2.1.28 fixed it for me, but I guess the root cause is that 2.1.28 tickles the sendmail bug whereas 2.1.27 does not.

I say get it committed and get pullups requested as currently pkgsrc 2022Q1 does not have working SMTP AUTH.

sasl.patch attached patches patch-bo (also attached in its entirety) as well as bumping the PKGREVISION.

Tested working.

I can commit and file pullupsif you want.

Awesome. Thank you!

John