Re: Time to change defaults for PKG_DBDIR

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 05:25:07PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
>> Just had an entertaining time split brain /var/db/pkg and /usr/pkg/pkgdb on
>> a fresh NetBSD-9.2 macppc box trying to use pkgin.
>
> It would be nice if tools could check both locations...

And do what?  I have more or less come to the conclusion that haivng
optional behavior switched on and off by what's in the filesystem just
causes trouble, and we should try to get to "use what's configured" and
expect people to either force PKG_DBDIR or migrate.