Re: GCC_REQD and 32-bit arm

nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

>> Do you mean
>>
>>   base system gcc is ok, but all pkgsrc versions < 10 are broken?
>
> Yes.
>
>>   this is only about fortran?
>
> It's about fortran and g++.

OK, so this probably explains blas and related problems.

>> If pkgsrc gcc < 10 is broken, perhaps we can just pretend they don't
>> exist on arm, so if pgksrc gcc is chosen, 10 would be the min version?
>
> Maybe, the logic for choosing a GCC version is complex. It decides the
> minimum version it can use in gcc.mk, then detects whether it's built-in
> or not, so it isn't a simple case of removing attempts to gcc prior to
> 10 on ARM.

I am not sure this makes sense, but as a thought experiment remove all
pkgsrc gcc versions < 10.  Then run on arm and I think it would be ok.
So what I am suggesting is basically:

  in the logic where we register that gcc versions exist, if [CPU is arm
  and gcc < 10, whatever the conditional ought to be] then don't
  register them

Then packages will compute a minimum, and the available choices will be
what's builtin (no fortran of course), and 10 and up, just as if we had
deleted the <10 packages.

But Martin's point about maybe it's easier to fix gfortran is a good
one, although I'm guessing it's not that easy....