Re: GCC_REQD and 32-bit arm

nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> It seems we're in a situation where no version of gcc below 10
> works on 32-bit arm, resulting in mass bulk build failures whenever
> something requires newer gcc on netbsd.
>
> Does anyone have a clue about how to fix this? The logic in
> gcc.mk seems to decide to use a compiler from pkgsrc after
> deciding which version to use, so it's not as simple as forcing
> it to always use 10 if it picks a version lower (unless we
> want to force gcc10 for literally all packages).

Do you mean

  base system gcc is ok, but all pkgsrc versions < 10 are broken?

  this is only about fortran?

  even base gcc is broken

Broken means what?  I build and run packages on earmv7hf-el under
netbsd-9 and mostly things are ok.

If pkgsrc gcc < 10 is broken, perhaps we can just pretend they don't
exist on arm, so if pgksrc gcc is chosen, 10 would be the min version?