Re: [tech-pkg] Re: Relationship between pkgsrc/pkgtools/mtree and mtree in base

I make use of mtree across various *BSD flavours and also Linux for comparing large folders of files between hosts and over time and find it very useful - the output is nicely parsable but there are niggling implementation differences between each of the versions (notably NetBSD/FreeBSD) when it comes to the names of flags and the like ...

If there were a consolidated portable source that one could draw from in pkgsrc, I'd certainly appreciate it - on Linux I'm using a pkgsrc-derived version I compiled, on FreeBSD it's the one in their base system, they don't appear to have a ports package for it.

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert