Re: cmake radical proposal

Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> writes:

> As long as the installed artefacts don't have any references to the
> work area then it shouldn't matter (compared to having them correct at
> build time and using a temporary LD_LIBRARY_PATH for running in-tree
> tests).

Yes, that's how I think it is, and I agree it's how it should be.  Sorry
that was unclear.

Changing to RPATH variables from -R in LDFLAGS shouldn't affect the way
the build tree libdir is added.

> I'd suggest coming up with a diff and running a bulk build against a
> known baseline so you can see if there are any regressions caused by
> the change.  I find it easier to reason about a change if I have that
> first.

Indeed.  I'll see how far I get, and if I end up with something that
works on cases I try, I'll ask the list if someone can do a build.