Re: Seeking review of wip/freem package

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 06:25:37PM -0600, John P. Willis wrote:
> I'm hoping to get some community review/feedback on my "freem" package
> in pkgsrc-wip, so I can get an idea of what the next steps are/what changes
> I need to make for inclusion in mainstream pkgsrc, in addition to wanting
> the package to be of good quality.

One thing I find suprising is that you install files to ${PREFIX}/var
e.g.,

var/freem/SYSTEM/globals/sysns_global.txt
var/freem/SYSTEM/routines/%DB.m
var/freem/SYSTEM/routines/%HTTP.m

I regard its name as suggesting a similar purpose to /var  e.g. according
to hier(7)

     /var/      Multi-purpose log, temporary, transient, and spool files.

Why do you chose to install files in that directory? (I know nothing of mumps)

Best wishes,

Patrick