Re: math/fftw-long / math/fftw-quad broken on Linux as it pulls in math/libquadmath, which is superfluous and broken on Linux

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 03:19:32PM +0000, nia wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 05:12:54PM +0200, Dr. Thomas Orgis wrote:
> > So should be follow the plan and just create the indicated split
> > packages following the example? Having OpenMP just switched on, also
> > (with dep to libomp on Darwin)?
>
> After freeze with adequate testing yes.

But I would like to note that no other packaging system is doing
further splits than -long, -quad and friends.

Judging by older Ubuntu versions, maybe Debian was in the past.
Ideally I would like to not diverge too much from what everyone else
is doing.

That may mean simply enabling OpenMP where it is supported, etc.