Re: math/fftw-long / math/fftw-quad broken on Linux as it pulls in math/libquadmath, which is superfluous and broken on Linux

Am Tue, 22 Jun 2021 12:10:48 +0000
schrieb nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost>:

> Yes - libquamath from gcc 11 with gcc10 and gcc7 from NetBSD.

Not sure I like that. Doesn't matter in practice as this lib doesn't
seem to change much, but I tend to follow the bundle GCC delivers and
build this stuff together as toolchain.

I will patch out libquadmath usage locally anyway now. Preferrable
would be a builtin check. A compile check for -lquadmath working?

> > The OpenMP and MPI options result in extra library files being built.
> > And extra dependencies — that's why you don't want them enabled by
> > default, and hence as separate packages. Speaking of which: The OpenMP
> > one might miss the libomp dependency for the Darwin toolchain.

What to do about that? Rather split out MPI and OpenMP as separate
packages, too? We don't ship the options at all right now. Would be
stupid to let them slip through now just to remove them for split
packages in the next release.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--