Re: xorg version confusion on pkgsrc-2021Q1 and NetBSD-current

Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

>> I didn't submit a pullup request because my understanding was it was
>> "policy" (whether written or not) that NetBSD -current is only supported
>> in pkgsrc-current.
>
> I would not have rejected such a pull-up ticket on the basis of some
> policy. If it fixes a build, that's good IMHO.

I think we're in a middle ground: it's entirely fine to fix the stable
branch to work on current if it can be done with zero stability impact
to releases, but it's also perfectly ok not to do so.   I personally
have landed at not submitting pullups for pkgsrc stable branches to make
it work on current.