Re: lang/gcc10 does not compile with Darwin 20.5.0 + Xcode 11.4

> On May 28, 2021, at 9:09 AM, Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> On 5/28/21 9:17 AM, Jason Bacon wrote:
>
> Let's try that again without Thunderbird's HTML formatting...
>
> #
> # Apple do not always keep the SDK version in step with the OS version.  When
> # that happens add a mapping below, but only within the same OS release major.
> #
> OSX_SDK_MAP.11.2=       11.1
> +OSX_SDK_MAP.11.4=       11.3
> #
> OSX_SDK_PATH!=  /usr/bin/xcrun \
>                    --sdk macosx${OSX_SDK_MAP.${OSX_VERSION}:U${OSX_VERSION}} \
>                    --show-sdk-path 2>/dev/null || echo /nonexistent

As I mentioned in my post at the start of this thread, that patch was not sufficient for me.  Perhaps there is something else required in addition?

> This is only a quick fix that won't save us from the next time OSX_VERSION is bumped without upgrading the SDK.  It also prevents us from using SDK 11.4 if apple releases it at a later date.

It seems we need some way to handle this that is more resistant to version slew.

Cheers,
Brook