Re: FETCH_USING and FETCH_CMD

At 21:39 Uhr +0200 18.05.2021, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>> > Setting FETCH_CMD alters the underlying arguments which are set by the
>> > pkgsrc infrastructure when FETCH_USING is set.
>>
>> Thanks, that helped. In the end, wget turned out to be the most capable
>> in downloading a 600 MB archive.
>
>Mots of the time, just setting PKG_RESUME_TRANSFERS=yes works best for
>bad master upstreams...

If there is an alternative, yes.

In this case, IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM to its friends) comes with a
guestimated dozen different license files, and I found it safest to assume
that any rights but that to download and install the client are jealously
guarded by a host of IBM Lawyers(tm).

So there is only One Upstream for this package.

Still interesting that pkgsrc fetch < curl < wget (which succeeded, so I
settled with it).

Cheerio,
Hauke