Re: mozjs78 is required by polkit and forces clang/llvm

Am Fri, 21 May 2021 11:27:43 +0200
schrieb "Dr. Thomas Orgis" <thomas.orgis%uni-hamburg.de@localhost>:

> They thought long before actually moving to a polkit version that needs
> JS …

To clarify: Debian ist still at 0.105. Newer versions are in
experimental only. So it's not clear that pkgsrc has to jump forward
and use the freshest polkit with JS at all. Some sanity seems to
prevail in people not following this change. Of course an obsolete
version from 2012 doesn't sound ideal either, but if it was really
quality code back then, it still is quality code *cough*.

Besides … what's security/policykit doing? It's been updated very
recently. Why is there in addition to security/polkit?

And we could think about the option being default on for xfce4-session.
I am not sure … can users of that in pkgsrc explain what functionality
they'd be missing? Changing system date and time via GUI?

Alrighty then,

Thomas
--
Dr. Thomas Orgis