Re: Updating py-setuptools

On Sun, May 02, 2021 at 06:15:23PM +0000, John Klos wrote:
 > Now I see that there's a separate version of setuptools for python 2.7
 > (devel/py-setuptools44) and I see that updating there works, but:
 >
 > 1) shouldn't a package that's explicitly told to use a version of python
 > fail if the package doesn't support that version?

If you set PYTHON_VERSION_REQD=27 it fails. Just setting the default
will cause it to think it should build for the first matching
non-default version.

 > 2) py-setuptools44 fails without PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT=27 set in addition
 > to PYPACKAGE. Shouldn't one imply the other?

I'm not sure what PYPACKAGE does...

It is possible that py-setuptools44 should reject python3, because
even though it builds fine that's almost certainly not what you
wanted. If you juggle versions wrong, you can get it by mistake and I
suspect it (uselessly) appears in bulk runs.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost