Re: gmake 4.3?

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, May 02, 2021 at 10:05:31PM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>> The kernel bug and fixed and wip/gmake works like earlier versions.
>> Could you please update devel/gmake with wip/gmake?
>
> I'd suggest to keep the configure arg for netbsd-9 or older (or
> anything older than 9.2), even if pullups will happen soon - we do not
> want to break builds using gmake on 9.0 pkg build machines.

Agreed but what's checked in to wip is that the workaround is applied
for NetBSD, except current or 10, as I understand it.

So far there isn't a reason to think disabling posix_spawn is causing
any real problems.

It's more than just gmake on 9.0 pkg build.   It's that a gmake package
build for 8 or 9 is defective if it doesn't work on 8.0 or 9.0 (or any
point along netbsd-8 or netbsd-9).