x11/gnome-shell run-time dependency on wip/gdm

Hi,

While working on GNOME packages I have noticed that gnome-shell has a hard run-time dependency on GDM. This means that starting a GNOME session without GDM installed would result in a crash.

Unfortunately, I haven't caught this before importing x11/gnome-shell to the main pkgsrc tree. wip/gdm still has bugs and is not usable as a display manager, but the library part works well with gnome-shell.

In light of the Q1 freeze, would it be ok to import wip/gdm minus the rc.d script and config files? This would prevent running the daemon, but will make it possible to run a GNOME session.

What would be a good solution in this case?

Dan