Re: freeze for 2020Q4 has started

Am Mon, 21 Dec 2020 10:07:00 -0500
schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>:

> This note primarily applies to those with commit access, but I like to
> be public about the process so I'm posting it here.

> Testing from everyone is also very much appreciated, especially on
> unusual platforms.
>
> No updates or new packages, please.  Micro updates solely containing
> bug fixes and security fixes are ok if they would be eligible for
> pullup during the branch.
>

> Please feel very free to make build fixes and security fixes.  If in
> doubt please ask.

I'm in the process of rolling out 2020Q3 with some wip updates, still.
I seem unable to catch up with fixing up our builds of pkgsrc and then
having the air to push patches that should be part of the next release.

So, as a minimal gesture, I uploaded my current patch set to

	http://src.rrz.uni-hamburg.de/extra/pkgsrc-patches/2020Q3
.
Some are straight fixes, some related to BLAS move, some just local
hacks that you likely don't want. Also some are backports of what is
already in the branch. Maybe you can identify the easy ones that are
missing at glance.

I'm back at getting astrophysics stuff updated (in wip).

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis