freeze for 2020Q4 has started

This note primarily applies to those with commit access, but I like to
be public about the process so I'm posting it here.

Testing from everyone is also very much appreciated, especially on
unusual platforms.

No updates or new packages, please.  Micro updates solely containing
bug fixes and security fixes are ok if they would be eligible for
pullup during the branch.

Please feel very free to make build fixes and security fixes.  If in
doubt please ask.

Thanks, gdt