Re: [HEADS UP] pkgsrc default database directory changed

> On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:29 AM, Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> So perhaps we should switch NetBSD to run bootstrap like all the other
> platforms... I don't know another solution.

I'm not quite sure what you are suggesting here.  If you mean for everyone to manually run the bootstrap on NetBSD in order to use pkgsrc, I think there is legitimate concern about making its use on harder.

However, would it not be possible to add a pkgsrc bootstrap step to the OS build procedure so that the release sets contain the already bootstrapped bits, perhaps with /usr/pkg/{s}bin already in the path, etc.  In case some people do not want that, e.g., want to bootstrap their own pkgsrc with private options or whatever, the pkgsrc part could be in its own pkgsrc-bin.tar.gz set to make optional installation easier.

Cheers,
Brook