Re: Bootstrapping pkgsrc with a compiler

On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 09:49:28AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Listing what actual ABI issues exist today is useful.  But it does not
> refute the statement that there are no stability specifications.  And
> this is pkgsrc, with many compilers and many platforms.

I am trying to say that it is not C++ and ABI that are the big issue here,
but specific switches like what happened to the internal libstdc++ in NetBSD,
or "restricted" issues with specific compilers (gcc) and their C++ runtime.

As you say, this is pkgsrc, with many compilers and many platforms. Many
of them may not see the lossage, but that does tell nothing about the others.

Martin