Re: U-boot and swig

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 01:32:59PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> Forgive me, I'm not well-versed in swig (or python, really, because I'm a luddite, heh.)
>
> I'm working on a u-boot package that requires a newer swig than swig1.  Swig3 installs the binary as "swig3.0".  The problem is, I can't seem to be able to get the u-boot build to invoke it... it seems like "swig" is being invoked by some python code itself, perhaps deep in the bowels of some library that's installed with python37.
>
> I've confirmed the right thing happens if I symlink "swig3.0" to "swig".  I've made the pkgsrc .mk file changes needed to select python3 vs python2 and swig1 vs swig3, and am just stuck on this swig invocation issue.
>
> Guidance would be appreciated!

swig2/Makefile mentions that swig2.0 is a standard name for swig, and
a possible workaround for autotools based build systems:

# Solution: Use --program-suffix=2.0, not --program-suffix=2

So perhaps something like that might work.

Otherwise, perhaps something like this will help:

pre-configure:
	${MKDIR} -p ${BUILDLINK_DIR}/bin
	${LN} -s ${PREFIX}/bin/swig3.0 ${BUILDLINK_DIR}/bin/swig

Cheers,
 Thomas