Re: wchar.h vs. gettext-lib on AIX

Louis Guillaume <louis%zabrico.com@localhost> writes:

> So I added "USE_BUILTIN.gettext=yes" to mk.conf. Now it skips the
> gettext-lib package, but now gets stuck the same way (in
> gettext-runtime) for gettext-tools. What can be done?

1) See /mk/buildlink3/bsd.builtin.mk and read about USE_BUILTIN and
PREFER.  Basically users should not set USE_BUILTIN and the PREFER
scheme is for what you are trying to do.

So probably

PREFER.gettext-lib=pkgsrc
PREFER.gettext-tools=pkgsrc

or you can use PREFER_PKGSRC.

2) Maybe actually fix the header in your system?

3) Is there a mailinglist for AIX people, to see how others are coping with
using a system where headers don't follow the rules expected by more
modern compilers?  (I don't mean to object to you posting here, but
rather am suggesting you might find help asking there.)