Re: Bounty for GDM

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 09:20:25AM +0200, Dan Cirnat wrote:
> On 2020-05-19 11:23:31 +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost said:
>
> > I'd like to offer a bounty of $500 to whoever completes the bounty, with
> > the following condition.
>
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone working on this? I have a bit of free time and I also want
> GNOME 3 packaged.
>
> My plan is to continue from wip/gdm. I already have pkgsrc-wip commit
> access.
>
> However, I'm new to packaging and C/UNIX programming. Eager to learn,
> but I'm not sure I can pull it off. If anyone wants pair up or take the lead
> and
> offer a bit of mentorship I'd highly appreciate it.
>
> Best,
> Dan

I took a look at it.

It went something like this:

- noticed it needs new accountservice, so started looking at that
- converted accountservice build to meson. ok, easy, done
- their detection of wtmp is broken. fixed
- their detection of non-systemd is broken. ok... fixed
- they're using some poorly documented glibc extension unconditionally.
- at this point i gave up

(not to be discouraging, I just don't have the patience for this
right now. I'd prefer getting sddm working, since that's supposed
to be portable!)