Re: Re-enabling cups option in gtk3

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 10:51:25AM +0000, nia wrote:
> Also... shipping binary packages with non-functional printing support
> to meet some people's purity and minimalism standards is ridiculous, tbh.

Can we please restart from scratch, as probably there is a lot of confusion
and mixup of arguments.

For the last years it was (at least in my environment)
absolutely necessary to *disable* cups to get working printing.

This is not about minimalism or purity, but it just did not work.

Now if the patches presented here resolve that issue, we need to restart
(a) testing, (b) the discussion about proper new defaults.

I am pretty sure everyone here agrees that printing should work in default
pkg builds.

Martin