Re: mail/mutt and BDB_ACCEPTED

On Tue 07 Apr 2020 at 15:25:18 +0200, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> It turned out in the end that "../../mk/bdb.buildlink3.mk" was
> prematuredly included, before BDB_ACCEPTED was set. Indeed it happened
> as early as somewhere during the
>
> .include "../../mk/bsd.options.mk"
>
> near the top of the file.

How do other people debug this sort of stuff? The only way I can think
of is to litter the makefiles with many ".info before FOO" type lines.
Make's -d options all output way too much crap to be useful.

It turns out that the first time that mk/bdb.buildlink3.mk is included
is somewhere during

.  include "../../mk/krb5.buildlink3.mk", which does
.  include "../../security/heimdal/buildlink3.mk", which does
.include "../../mk/bdb.buildlink3.mk"

It is included a second time from something I didn't trace,

and then finally it is included a 3rd time directly from
mail/mutt/options.mk.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on