Re: gcc8 on CentOS 7

On 2020-03-14 02:00, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 05:12:19PM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
So the only remaining show-stopper for RHEL/CentOS that requires a patch is
the inability to find pkgsrc zlib, which we can work around by not using
--with-system-zlib.
Why is it not finding it? The --with-system-zlib= usualy only means it should
not build a zlib version it comes with, the "system" one here should be
supplied by pkgsrc - or am I missing something?

It seems to be including devel/zlib/buildlink3.mk, so that should take care
of this, why is it not working for you?

Martin
No idea and haven't been able to block the time necessary to dig into configure scripts, etc.  I sent a tail of the output to tech-pkg on March 7 in case you want to have a look.

    JB