Re: MacOS issues with devel/glibc2, devel/gobject-introspection, devel/pango

* On 2020-02-17 at 00:49 GMT, js-pkgsrc%heap.zone@localhost wrote:

> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is most definitely not disabled by SIP - my
> machine has SIP enabled and my own software uses it to make sure
> tests are run against the just built library instead of the
> installed one and it works just fine. There seems to be a grave
> misunderstanding here in what SIP disables: SIP does not disable
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, it only ignores it for binaries *that are
> protected by SIP*. Nothing built by pkgsrc is protected by SIP.

Ok, but this just takes us back a step to where it's unclear why some
people are running into issues and others aren't.  Any ideas?

> > It seems unsafe to just drop things, vs throwing an error, as it
> > means that fighting with upstream build systems ends up silently
> > not doing what was asked.   But that's probably too much tilting
> > at windmills.
>
> Indeed. It's breaking macOS packages left and right. Another example
> is that mpv currently uses --disable-swift because Swift does not
> work with the wrappers. But mpv no longer maintains the non-Swift
> version, so is completely broken right now (crash on start).

I removed the --disable-swift argument and mpv builds and runs for me,
it's linked to a bunch of libraries under /usr/lib/swift.  Is there
some particular usage I should be testing?

What's next on this list of "packages left and right"?  I'm happy to
continue fixing them, it's vastly preferable to yet more arguments
about the wrappers.